Wednesday 15 May 2013

I'm Setting the Timer....

Sometimes as a motivator, sometimes as an enforcer, sometimes as a reminder I set the timer on my mobile phone....

After dinner of an evening we set the timer for 20 minutes and everyone....yes despite your new found illness, yes despite your amazing instant need to go to the toilet, yes despite the homework you just remembered you have to do....yes everyone...has to put in 20 minutes of cleaning time.  And that is 20 minutes at a reasonable pace...not the usual pace of pick up one piece of rubbish and take 20 minutes to find the bin....

Sometimes we set the timer when Miss 4 wants to play with one of her siblings who has homework to do...this way she gets to play a game with them but they are not tied there all night....

On occasion  I even remember to set the timer for soft boiled eggs....sadly not always before the boiling process starts....

Well today is a tad crazy in our household.....Miss 15's maths tutor is coming at 4pm and the house seriously needs a clean up....a huge clean up, netball training is on tonight and hubby will be late home from work so an easy dinner is required....

So whilst vacuuming with one hand and browning chicken for the slow cooker with the other....ok perhaps a slight exaggeration...but believe me that's how it feels....in amongst all of this Miss 4 wants me to help her write notes to each of her siblings....lets not forget that she has 4 sisters....so with one note done my response to her was that I would do the next one if 5 minutes after I had chopped the vegies.....

Well she marched into the kitchen, hijacked my mobile phone and proceeded to lecture me about how I had 5 minutes and that she was setting the timer...after pressing a few buttons she proceeds to leave the room...a minute later she comes back and announces that I have 1 minute, she makes the adjustments to the timer and states quite clearly that I am to go directly to her once the timer goes off......she'll be waiting....

Being 4 she is not quite versed in telling the time or setting timers.... subsequently I have 52 minutes left til the timer goes off as she set if for 1 hour rather than 1 minute.....hmmmm wonder how long I can get away with that for......hehehehehe


No comments:

Post a Comment