Thursday 18 September 2014

14 weeks til Christmas !!!






Wow....only 14 weeks til Christmas...can you believe it??!!

This year has gone by at a lightning pace and the next 14 weeks will be no different, especially when they start to fill up even further with dance concerts, drama performances, school Christmas activities, parties and get-togethers with friends.....busy busy!!

I have to admit that I love, love, love Christmas!!  

I love thinking about what to buy people, I love sneaking all the presents away in places that I notoriously forget by Christmas eve, I love Christmas craft and Christmas cooking and I love going to cut down our Christmas tree, bringing it home and decorating it as a family...




This year we will be away from home for Christmas which is hugely exciting...we will be here....


and to say that I can't wait is an understatement!!  Firstly it means that I won't have to have our house clean enough for guests on Christmas day...yay! Secondly it  means that we can have a beach Christmas....my mind is already racing with ideas for decorating and baking!!

We arrive at the house we have rented on Sunday 21st December....and I am hoping to smuggle as many Christmas decorations into our packing as possible!  It also means that I am on the look out for Christmas presents that are going to survive the trip in the trailer, will be small enough to mean I can have a good number of gifts for each of the girls and yet will still have a 'wow' factor.

So join me over the next 14 weeks as I start my online Christmas shopping adventure, share any bargains that I find, search for decorating ideas for our (temporary) beach house, and have a lot of fun along the way....Christmas bring it on!!!!!!

Do you love Christmas as much as I do??  Are you counting down already?!



2 comments:

  1. I DO love Christmas! I am in no way ready for it, thought :(

    I love going with my husband to find our tree (we don't cut it down - we just go to the lot and pick one out) and then all of the cursing the ensures as he tries to get it to stand up straight in the stand. Or has to re-do the make-shift tie that he created to keep the tree from tipping over. (No dear, you can't use actual rope and string it across the room in two directions!) We look for a special ornament for our tree every year...and I make him decorate the outside of the house...which he also cursing about but secretly loves.

    Still not ready for it - but getting excited!

    Jen - (from Pierced Wonderings - I can never get my wordpress stuff to play with blogspot)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes the tree never stands straight!!!

      I tell myself that hubby secretly loves Christmas amidst his claims that he despises it!!

      Love your Christmas ornament idea!

      Delete