Monday 9 September 2013

3 weeks in....

So we are 3 weeks in to Shannan's 8 week challenge.....

And this week I increased my exercise which was huge for me...

On Tuesday I attempted a teeny tiny jog/walk and did 1km in 9.37 minutes.  I kept walking from there and ended up completing 5.70kms in 54.39 minutes.

Hugely impressed with myself I set out again on Wednesday walking 3.26km in the morning and 1.98km in the afternoon, Thursday I walked 2.93kms and Friday another 3.21kms so a grand total of 17.18kms over the 4 days.

I said no to the little....yet loud.....voice in my head telling me to each chocolate and drink coke...I succeeded most days but did consume 1 little freddo this time (improvement on last weeks big freddo!)....although I didn't follow the menu plan entirely because the fortnights grocery budget had run out I resorted to a plate of steamed veggies when hubby and the girls had sausages, where ever possible I had grilled chicken and salad.

I was thinking mid week that I was totally awesome !!!!

Then came Saturday and we were heading out so I popped on my jeans....well in actual fact it was more like struggled to put on my jeans....and at the moment I knew that there was no fabulous weight loss figure waiting for me on Sunday morning.

Sunday rolled around with a little sleep in...precious! Then I delayed getting out of bed for as long a possible with a hungry household...avoiding the inevitable weigh in.....

Finally I summoned up the courage and stood on the scales to see a 200gram loss.

Devastated was the first thing that came to mind.  I had got my butt out there walking nearly every day, I had attempted some of Shannan's exercises, I had completed a few sets of cardio and abs exercises from an app on my iphone and here I had a 200gram loss.

Usually that would have seen me down at Woolworths in a flash to stock up on a few family blocks of Cadbury.....but although the scales did not reflect what I had wanted them to in my head there was growth on my part because I didn't even think of taking a huge step backwards....I just felt more determined to get it even more right this week....

So late last night I trawled through the menu, made a few swaps and adjustments and made my shopping list.  I am off to the supermarket this afternoon to get everything I need for this week...I have posted in my diary for probably the second time in this challenge....and I will attempt to do so each day this week.

I even have my heart rate monitor packed in my bag to get a replacement battery tomorrow.

So I am typing this update now in an attempt to push myself a little further before I eat lunch...so that then I will hopefully survive the chaos of the afternoon and activities with the kids without hunger pains or temtpations !!

So here's to 110% this week......







No comments:

Post a Comment