Monday 19 January 2015

DIY Upholstery Workshop...


So with the dawning of 2015...a new year, new resolutions, new possibilities...I decided that it might be time for me to declare 2015  "THE YEAR OF THE COMPLETED CRAFT PROJECT"....you know, perhaps finish that dress I started knitting miss 10 when she was about 6, finish that granny stripe blanket, finish that shabby chic side table, actually re-cover those dining chairs... I could go on....and on....but yep you get the idea!

Well yesterday I took a step in the right direction and attended a beginners DIY upholstery workshop run by Maaike of Furniture Resurrection...you can check out her amazing work at her website here or her facebook page here.

Filled with excitement at going out alone and having a bit of me time I left home bright and early to make the trip to the city.  I didn't get lost, I managed to find a parking spot and I even had time for a hot chocolate before the workshop began....bliss!

The workshop had a great atmosphere and thanks to Maaike we all began our upholstery journey making a crate topper for an old milk crate...







There was a lot of staple gunning, staple removing and more staple gunning but the end result was fantastic....even if I do say so myself!!  





I would highly recommend this workshop...I absolutely loved it...and am keen to book in for another one!


Now another great part of the workshop was that it was held at Koskela.  I had never heard of Koskela before....but WOW !!  You can check out their website here and their facebook page here.

And here are a few teaser pics so that you can fall in love with their store like I did!!













You love it right!!  This store is divine!  And don't fret if you don't live near Rosebery in Sydney...because they have an online store too!!!  Dangerous !!!


So here is my first project that I am going to tackle with my new skills....





I have 4 of these chairs sitting in the shed....I'm thinking of painting them black and covering the seats in a hounds tooth....or maybe I'll go for a more shabby chic style and paint a distressed finish and find some cute floral fabric...or maybe.....oh no the possibilities !!  Stay tuned....hopefully I will make a decision soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment