Friday 16 January 2015

21 days...not that I'm counting or anything!!



For the last 2-3 months of 2014 hubby worked nights....he would leave home about 3pm and return home anywhere from midnight to 2am.  Some days he would even work half the day and the night.

So needless to say we were a bit like ships passing in the night {except our passing was during the day obviously!!}

I would wake up at 6am, attempt to silently get out of bed {near impossible with these creaky floorboards!}, then I would shower and dress and attempt to get 5 girls ready for school and out the door without waking hubby....not an easy task believe me!

By the time I had dropped the girls to school, ticked off a few chores, done a bit of grocery shopping...I would return home to hubby starting his day.

We'd have a brief chat, recap the details of the previous days happenings and before you knew it it would be time for me to pick up the girls and hubby would be off to work again.  

Seriously you could stay married forever with this routine!

Then came our end of year holiday and not only would hubby and I be together pretty much 24/7 for 21 + days, but all 7 of us would be together.....did I mention the 24/7 part??

Fast forward to the end of the holidays and an extra few days at home and we are all still talking to each other....pretty good when you consider we had Christmas to contend with, some 21 breakfasts, lunches and dinners to agree on, even when you add into the equation that we had to pack up and move holiday accommodation after the first week as we had booked two different places to keep costs down and even with all of the crap that we returned home to {you can read about that debacle here}.

That's not to say that every minute was peaches and cream.....

Like when you are packing up to leave and you put your pillow in the pile and hubby loses it because you didn't tell him you still had a pillow to pack and he's allocated all of the space and now everything is thrown out....    They take that trailer packing very seriously don't they!

Well hubby has returned to work today and already I am missing only having to shoulder half the load!  Thank goodness it will be the weekend tomorrow!!!!











2 comments:

  1. "Seriously you could stay married forever with this routine" - it's so funny because it is true! We are just coming to the end of 7 weeks with everyone together in the house and it is time for my husband to head back to work for a couple of weeks me thinks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh...7 weeks....yes I think back to work for hubby could be a good thing! Glad you survived it !!

      Delete