Tuesday 20 October 2015

Unique Gift Ideas For Teachers



So today marks the end of three years of Miss 17 having a maths tutor.

He has been absolutely brilliant and has not only helped Miss 17 to catch up on the work that she missed out on due to her migraines, but he has also built up her self esteem and confidence and she was awarded first in course overall this year at her school.

So we put together a thank you/goodbye gift today.

I like a gift to have a bit of thought behind it, to be a bit personalized.   Now the tutor has a great sense of humor and Miss 17 can be frustrating at times so we put this gift together with these factors in mind.


Here's the gifts that we collected....



Then we wrapped them and numbered each (you'll see why in a minute!!)....



Miss 17 typed up a thank you note and wrote equations on seven small envelopes.....



Then we packed it all into a box, tied it up with string and put a note on top....


The note on top instructed the tutor to open each envelope in numerical order.....in order to do this he had to calculate the equations on each of them to get the answer which gave him the order!

As he opened each envelope he was to open the corresponding gift.


Here is the message that Miss 17 typed .... and the gift that goes with it!!


  1. I just wanted to say thank you for being my maths tutor!  I'm sure it was no picnic 
    gift - picnic bar
  2. There were probably times you wanted to throw in the towel
    gift - hand towel
  3. Or I gave you a headache
    gift - panadol
  4. Now I'm going to be on the ball
    gift - handball for his sons
  5. I'm totally going to ace it
    gift - deck of cards
  6. As far as maths tutors go, you are one of my favourites
    gift - box of favourites chocolates
  7. Thanks for all your work, have a great break before you come back to tutor my sisters muhahaha!!
    gift - kit kat chocolate 

We had a lot of fun putting this gift together and the tutor was quick to respond that is was very inventive!


If you are thinking of putting together a gift like this here are a few more products that you could incorporate....

  • Minties - for moments like these
  • Sinkers - sink or swim
  • Fan - as in I'm a big fan
  • Compass - for giving direction

Are there any other products/items that you can think of to add to this list?


Linking up with Essentially Jessfor #IBOT




9 comments:

  1. This is such a thoughtful gift and I agree, they are the best kind of gifts! I would have had fun putting something like this together, I bet he loved it! #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! Thanks for the inspiration #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Very clever. I love the idea and it is so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an ex-teacher I've had some really "interesting" gifts over the years. You totally outdid yourself here - I'm sure the tutor loved every single one of these gifts and the kind sentiments behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab idea. So thoughtful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever! Gifts that say something personal are always the best :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea! Shows such thought and gratitude for your tutor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!!!!! What a thoughtful present! I bet he was blown away!!!

    ReplyDelete