Saturday 2 May 2015

What I'm Reading Right Now


Day 2 of my attempt to blog every day in May.  Here's today's prompt...


Day 2...... 'Reading Right Now'

Well other than probably a few too many blog posts here and there I haven't been reading much lately.

But for Christmas we gave my mother in law a book voucher and with it she purchased Jodi Picoult's 'Leaving Time'.  Well she had finished reading it when they came to visit for Easter so she brought it along so that I can now read it.




After about a 20 minute run down of the details of the book fro her I realized that I have no interest in reading it at all !!  For one it is some 405 pages long, for two it is heavy on facts about elephants and for three my mother in law had to read it twice because there was so much going on.

It could well be a very good book but Christmas holidays seem to be my only time of the year to get through a whole entire book and the rest of the year gets too busy for reading.

Ugh I know that the next time she telephones or visits she will quiz me on where I am up to with the book.

Have you read it?  Anybody want to read it for me and give me a brief book review!!!

Linking up with Cate over at Life Behind the Purple Door


8 comments:

  1. I've read and enjoyed some of Jodi Picoult's book, but not this one. Kuddos to you for deciding it's not the book for you right now - sometimes we just have to say no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Melissa...but it is still hard to say no! I'm glad you've enjoyed some of her books.

      Delete
  2. I've read a few Jodi Picoult, but not this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know someone who can lend it to you lol !!!!

      Delete
  3. I've never really gotten into Jodi Picoult's books so sorry, I can't help you with a book review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jodi Picoult, but I, too, left this one in the "one day" pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yours in the one day pile right next to mine!

      Delete