Monday 7 April 2014

Oh No The School Holidays are Coming....

Truth be told I am actually looking forward to these school holidays....a break from the routine of uniforms and lunches, a chance for a few sneaky sleep ins and hopefully some lazy movie days and some fun family games nights.

It all sounds good in theory!!  But no doubt there will be moments where the girls get on each others nerves, where cabin fever sets in and where my patience will be tested!!

So I am planning ahead for those 'I'm bored' moments and I have been doing a bit of internet window shopping checking out a few items that might save the day.


The first item I am considering buying is this kinetic sand....
I have had my eye on it for a while but was sure that there would be mess involved....but after reading some reviews and after watching the little video over at The Coffee Apple I am going to give it a go....  I think all 5 of the girls will get some fun out of this.  You can check it out here...


Also at The Coffee Apple I saw these fabric tangram sets....
Again I have had my eye on these for a while and I think they will be great for getting each of the girls involved as well.  I also loved that they come with a draw string bag and they'd be great for when you are waiting at the doctors or even at Church to keep the younger one happy!  You'll find these great sets here....
  

To be honest I could have listed a dozen more items from The Coffee Apple that could easily make their way into my shopping cart...like the Story Sketcher and the Story Stones....but I had to show some self control!!


I also found some great DIY craft kits....I like the fabric covered button kits from Pack It In...
With this the girls can make a bunch of fabric covered hair ties and hair clips....and believe me with 5 daughters you can never have too many of these!!  You can check out their ebay listing here....


Lastly I would love to have a go at making some beautiful soy candles...I love having them around the house.  So I was thinking that a beginners kit might be in order...like this one
And it would be a great activity to do with the girls.  You can check out these kits from Natural Candle Supply at their website here....


So with only 4 days of primary school and 5 days of high school left before the holidays are upon  me I had better get shopping !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment